Thursday, June 25, 2009

dipped in honey and in salty sea


Warmth, sun and summer are here! We had a beautiful and long day on an tiny enough island today. Rocks, sand and sea wind, swimming and friends. Everything you can wish for. Now we have a bunch of happy and tired people. Since I didn't have my camera with me (which I greatly regret), these sweet little mittens may give you the idea. Somehow they look just like our day today.


Pattern: None but own inspiration
Yarn: Sandnes Garn Fritidsgarn (and several others on the "honey" part).
Needles: 4 mm

These mittens look like they have been quickly dipped in honey. They are super warm and thick. And for once I'm not starting mittens when they should already be in use.

8 comments:

nicole said...

love. LOVE!

Di said...

They are lovely..and your day sounds lovely too!

ulli said...

i so can see how lovely your day must have been!

Rebecca S. said...

really love these! especially the cuff and what you've named them. will be sketching for my inspiration notebook!

Anonymous said...

Aivan ihanat! Harmaa ja keltainen on hyvä pari:)

veera said...

Thank you! I can hardly wait for autumn ;)

MUS said...

wow, love these. also the colors.

you make so much beautiful things!
happy weekend

Karen said...

Do you have a pattern for these mittens? I love them!